Phir se ud chala - Rockstar (2011)

'Phir se ud chala' hindi lyrics, from the man himself - Irshad Kamil

http://www.irshadkamil.com/फिर-से-उड़-चला
(In Devanagari script)

My translation :)

Again, I'm flying
I've left the world below
And surrendered myself to the wind
Now everything is miles away... people, gardens, valleys
My body is smoke again, and every cloud wants to touch me
But one of those clouds might drench me

I've never stopped at any destination, I've never met myself
That's a complain, but I'm not peeved

Every city seems the same, every village seems the same
People and names seem the same
Again, I'm flying

Dreams are like dust on the eyelids
No matter how many times you dust them off, they return again
So many dreams I have broken and left behind
Then why do they still sweep me in their flight

Every branch, every drop, every doorstep they roam with me
Whether in a forest or in lashing rain
Like Ravana I die, and then live again
Every branch, every drop
Sometimes day is night, sometimes day is day
Which of these is the truth, and which is illusion, tell me O Lord

Here and there, scattered, the wind pulls me towards you, I don't know why
Your memories are pulling me towards you

I keep flying with colours, illusions, hallucinations ...

Comments